Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Desiderio domini

Was talking to Cheng Yee (my music course junior) somehow ended up using a laptop going on to youtube. There he showed me a clip...his song with the title "Desiderio Domini"( which means I long to be with my Lord.)
Found the title quite interesting and decided to go look more info about it.

Desiderio Domini, a phrase used by the Apostle Peter when he was asked why he cried so much after the ascention of Jesus.

After hearing the title, and the translation ( i long to be with my lord) I have taken an interest in this, wondering if there was any deeper meaning to the phrase desiderio domini.
I tried going for direct translation through Google translate, which gave me the direct translation "desired dominion". Unable to satifsfy my curiosity, I went and look for further translations for Dominion, which eventually lead me to the origin of the word, Dominus, which means literally "Lord".

Sometimes, we look at thing in a very complicated way, thinking the more complicated, the deeper the meaning. We often overlook simple things, or even worse, try to complicate things.
Too many times we miss the essence of a simple phrase, or even simple gestures of people around us, complicating situations or words said by others.
Too many times, we complicate what the bible tells us, or what God says.
Too many times, we complicate what we want to tell others, what we want them to know.
Too many times, we complicate our expression of love and adoration to God.

Desiderio Domini. I Love you Lord.



I confess, the pride in my heart
I put aside, all of me
Strip away understanding from me
I trust in you
I long for you

Desiderio Domini
How dearly, I long to be
With you lord, at your feet
Desiderio Domini

No complaints, about all the pain
I don’t care, how much it takes
I will cry until I die
A prayer of desperation to you
I ache for you
I long for you

No comments: