Sunday, April 19, 2009

Meine Kompositionen ( My Compositions)

finally exams are over, the sem is over. 14 weeks passed so fast i can't believe that i have finished my 3rd year in uni. Just finished my German paper this morning ( which explains the title in German) which was my last paper of the semester. The exam was over in 15 mins, but we had to wait for 30mins b4 we could exit the exam hall.

This sem, just to fill up my credit hours and also learn some stuff about composing (as our church is heading towards that direction) had to compose two pieces to submit as homework.

As time was not something we all had, i just kinda sat down and just squeezed what could out, to fulfill the coursework. Ended up with a catchy but cheesy love song with a cheesy title "Love" and an theme and variation on the traditional folk song Joget Ketipak Ketipung titled "Jogeting around Ketipak Ketipung". The videos are taken from our final exam where we are required to perform our piece.

Not too proud of both, but hey, one of my first compositions and well, just wanna share it with all.

LOVE

For this song, the lyrics says it all. Got the inspiration from some of the stories my firends tell me..haha. Nicki who first heard this song says it was a cheesy love song, but in the end she could sing along with the chorus even without the lyrics..haha There's a bit of grammatical error too( The line with the *), haha but it does help to enhance the cheesy feeling :p

Performers( Right to left):
Shaker: Wai Yeung
Conga: Aik Hui
Acoustic guitar: ME
Keys: Kent
Vocals: Connie

Lyrics:
V1
Wonder how, and when it started
*How I feel for you has changed*
Your Face stand out
When you're in a crowd
And seeing you brightens my day

V2
How i wished that i could tell you
How i feel for you in my heart
but the fear of change
Stands in the way
Of saying these three words
I love you

Chorus
Wondering what you're doing
And where you are now
I would do anything to be there
Right beside you
Having all these feelings
just leaves me so confused
Wished that i could know exactly what to do

V3
If i risked it all to tell you
I sure hope that you would feel the same
And we'll share our days together
With you forever by my side
i'll show you how much i love you




Cheesy huh?haha i couldn't believe i wrote it..couldn't even sing it..haha...next song i write..will be a better one...


Jogeting around Ketipak Ketipung

This is based on a malay folksong, my idea was to arrange it for a full guitar ensemble, added a tambourine to add the festive atmosphere to it :)

Performers:
Extreme right -left
Cheng Yee
Me
Kent
Aik Hui
Wai Yeung



Well thats all i have for now..if i have more vids from the department, i'll share it ahha..

4 comments:

cindee said...

hey good job! :)

sun said...

haha thanks :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

d(^-^)